The Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church
commonly known to the world as the Indian Orthodox Church
and her present day affairs. Your views and comments are welcome.
Most members here belong to Kerala or speak / understand Malayalam. We are also called St. Thomas Christians
and our faith has been one, apostolic and orthodox from AD 52 - AD 1505. As the centuries passed by Catholic and Protestant faiths came in . If you are a christian from Kerala your ancestry has been orthodox at some point of time.
1. The Malankara Orthodox Church belongs to the Oriental Orthodox family and has 2 groups.
2. MOS church led by HH Baselios Paulose II, Catholicose of East
is based in Kerala. ( Orthodox Faction)
3. JSC church is led by HH Zakka, Patriarch of Antioch who lives in Damascus. ( Jacobite Faction)
4. MOS Church and JSC church are in conflict not about orthodoxy but about leadership.
5. Controversial Topics in this Forum and daily topics in sister forums like SOCM (Malankara SOC Discussion Forum) and ICON (Indian Christian Orthodox Network)will be about many conflict issues which tear apart these two groups. We advise members caution while reading them or making comments.
6. MOSC Group
is the legitimate voice of believers in both churches suffering due to this conflict.
7. The word ORTHODOX
scares people away but in plain words it means True Faith
and True Worship
"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another." [ Galatians 5: 14 - 15 ]
~ ST. PAUL THE APOSTLE