The Tripoli e-Discussion Society (TeDS) was founded on 11th November 1999. It is an independently self-controlled body that aims at gathering Tripolitans residing all over the world to discuss issues pertaining to Tripoli - Lebanon.
Most, if not all, of the TeDS members feel that they have a civic duty towards their city and its people. As a result, most of them aspire for Tripoli to enjoy the following:
1. A clean environment, including (but not limited to) clean river water, clean beaches, clean drinking water and air.
2. Controlled and planned tourism, which does not damage Tripoli's ancient sites, and importantly its traditional values.
3. Development of business opportunities in the city and providing gainful employment for all Tripoli's citizens.
4. Environmentally sound construction, well designed and built, and correctly executed to professional specification.
5. Human rights awareness and equality in Tripoli society.
6. Planned urban and rural developments, harmonious with Tripoli's setting and general practice.
7. Provision of parks for children to play in, maintenance and creation of forests, orchards and other areas of vegetation.
8. Respect, preservation and maintenance of Tripoli's historical heritage, including its many ancient monuments.
9. Tolerance and good will among all confessional groups in Tripoli.
10. Transparent, honest and dedicated civil servants and administration.
The TeDS understands it can provide many services to the city of Tripoli and its people. Although any proposition made by the group would start on a theoretical and/or public awareness basis but itís ultimately hoped that actions would take place soon after by the designated officials, taking into consideration the financial and practical feasibility of such proposals. It also understands that positive change requires hard work, co-operation and tolerance.