At JCPenney you'll work in an environment that encourages
individuality and new ideas fostering new growth, advancement and
Our Home Office, located at Legacy Park in Plano, Texas has the
following position available in our Home Office?s Merchandise/Product
Development and Sourcing Department.
TITLE: ASSISTANT DESIGNER - NEW WOMENS CASUAL LINE
Assists in interpreting the trend direction into brand appropriate
silhouettes and designs, and to learn the design process through
working with Designer, Design Director, Product Development Director,
and Vice President, Director of Product Development.
1. Assists in interpreting the seasonal fashion direction, assortment
opportunities and merchandise trends for WOMENS CASUAL apparel.
2. Assists designer in creating original concepts that encompass
style, color, and fabric for assigned brands to ensure customer
focused offerings that meet fashion and quality requirements
consistent with brand profile. Completes assigned portions of product
3. Participates in the preparation of materials for Trend Concept
Work Session, Concept Sample Line Review, and line review sessions as
needed for area of responsibility (the brand).
4. Works with the Trend Office, Designer, and Product Manager to
conceptualize product design for the season. Shops print studios and
fabric and trim lines in developing direction for the season.
5. Assists in the timely approval of all strike-offs, handlooms, knit
downs, trim cards and confirmation samples; reviews the final
assortment for fit, construction, fabrication, coloration, with
Designer. Coordinates sample confirmation process.
6. Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action calendar.
7. Works closely with Trend Managers for fashion and color trends;
and Senior Designers and Designers throughout the development
process. Also works closely with Technical Designers to develop
product packages, approve Apparel Design Appraisal Reports and attend
fit sessions. Works with CAD Designers to execute concepts into
1. College degree in fine arts or design, or equivalent work
experience in a design related field.
2. 1 - 2 years? experience in design product and fabrication
knowledge specifically in WOMENS CASUAL.
3. Knowledge of CAD, U4IA, Illustrator, and PDM.
4. Basic working knowledge of the technical aspects of the assigned
category, ability to design around concepts and to design flat
sketches, technical and computer skills, design and color sense,
presentation, persuasion, organization, time management, written and
Interested? Qualified? Apply online at under Corporate Careers.
JCPenney offers a generous compensation package along with best in
industry vacation policy, full benefits package including a 401k plan
with a company match and a pension plan.
Our state-of-the-art campus is just north of Dallas, Texas, one of
the biggest, most cosmopolitan cities in America with affordable
homes and no state income tax. Our Corporate Office includes an on-
site fitness center, jogging trail, daycare facility, medical clinic,
cafeterias, coffee shops, espresso bar and more.
Click here to apply via the JC Penney Career Opportunity Portal
Searchable Keywords: Assistant Designer-New Womens Casual Line / gj-mo
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: At Least 3 Years
Expected Travel Time: About 50%
This company may offer relocation assistance.