Boston Pride is recruiting a Deputy Director P R E S S R E L E A SE [http://www.bostonpride.org/pr/DD_press_release.pdf] Contact: Linda DeMarco, PresidentMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2009View Source
Boston Pride : Boston Pride is recruiting a Deputy DirectorIf this message is not displayed properly, click here to launch your browser.
Boston Pride is recruiting a Deputy Director
P R E S S R E L E A SE
Linda DeMarco, President
BOSTON PRIDE COMMITTEE LAUNCHES SEARCH FOR FIRST DEPUTY DIRECTOR
Boston, Mass., September 16, 2009 After almost 40 years of service to the LGBT Community as an all-volunteer 501c(3) non-profit organization, The Boston Pride Committee is setting out to hire its first-ever full time employee to lead the organization into the future. The Board of Directors is seeking resumes to fill their newly instated position of Deputy Director.
Boston Pride has always been a grassroots organization and will remain so, explained Linda DeMarco, Boston Pride President. More than one million people attended Boston Pride activities last year in events organized solely by a group of volunteers in their spare time. As we begin planning now for our 40th anniversary in 2010, hiring a Deputy Director is just the next step in the evolution of the organization.
Operating since 1970, Boston Pride is an independent, non-profit agency that serves the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and allied community by working to enhance visibility through a week of events each June and year-round activities designed to promote LGBT awareness, dignity, and understanding.
The public can learn more about Boston Pride by visiting www.bostonpride.org. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to hr@.... The deadline for applying is October 15 with interviews taking place in early November.
J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
What is the Boston Pride Committee? The Boston Pride Committee serves the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and ally community. It works to enhance the visibility of Bostons LGBT community through a week of events each June, in conjunction with year round activities, to promote LGBT awareness, dignity, and understanding.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Deputy Director (DD) reports directly to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the daily administration and management of the Boston Pride Committee (BPC). The DD works with and supports the Board of Directors in: visioning and long-term planning; defining priorities; building and enhancing teamwork among Board members and other volunteer Chairs; developing strong and responsible relationships with Bostons widely diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities; and maintaining BPCs grassroots orientation.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. or equivalent.
- Minimum three years management experience in non-profit sector.
- Minimum three years experience with Boston/New England LGBT community.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with LGBT individuals and organizations across spectrums of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender-identity, disability, socio-economic background, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively with a volunteer board of directors.
- Strong skills and significant experience in staff supervision and development.
- Significant and measurable experience in sponsorship development and maintenance.
- Significant and measurable experience in contract negotiations.
- Experience managing a budget.
CHARACTERISTICS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong sense of organization and planning, and ability to manage time well.
- Demonstration of leadership, sense of vision, and ability to motivate others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a professional demeanor and presentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Integrity and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, value, and respect the broad range of diversity within the LGBT communities, and to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups to ensure Pride programs and events are inclusive and inviting.
- Ability to multi-task and be in control of numerous tasks at any one time.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office products and email clients. Experience with Adobe software products (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Must be flexible, and able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong public relations skills and experience, including crisis management
- Cognizant of, and sensitive to, the political influences that affect Pride.
- Ability to work with government bodies and civil servants.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Boston Pride
The Boston Pride Committee is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Meet the Board of Directors and the Chairs of the Committee:
Keri Aulita - Vice President, Board of Directors
Sylvain Bruni - Board of Directors
Malcolm Carey - Board of Directors
Linda DeMarco - President, Board of Directors
Pierce Durkin - Clerk, Board of Directors
Kristie Helms - Board of Directors
Wilfred Labiosa - Board of Directors
Heather Mills - Logistics Chair
Cale Moore - Merchandise Chair
Cat Sauer - Festival Chair
"The Boston Pride Committee, serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and allied community, works to enhance the visibility of Boston's LGBT community through a week of events each June, in conjunction with year-round activities, to promote LGBT awareness, dignity, and understanding."
Boston Pride and the Boston Pride logo are registered service marks
of the New Boston Pride Committee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Please review our Service Mark Policy for more information.
Copyright © 2009 The New Boston Pride Committee, Inc. All rights reserved.
This message was sent from Boston Pride to EntreNousBoston@yahoogroups.com. It was sent from: Boston Pride, 398 Columbus Ave. #285, Boston, MA 02116. You can modify/update your subscription via the link below.
Manage your subscription