Van: Christine Verheijden [mailto:email@example.com] Verzonden: dinsdag 1 maart 2011 10:11 Aan: Christine Verheijden GWA Onderwerp: Fwd: FullMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011View Source
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Todd <m.todd@...>
Date: 28 February 2011 10:37
Subject: Full scholarship for Commonwealth nationals for MSc in Climate Change & Development
To: Climate Change Info Mailing List <climate-l@...>
Full scholarship for MSc in Climate Change and Development at University of Sussex/Institute for Development Studies, UK
A full scholarship (fees plus maintenance and travel) funded through the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scheme is available for applicants to the MSc in Climate Change and Development programme for entry October 2011.
Note: Potential applicants must undertake the following process in the order stated.
1. Check their eligibility for the award (see criteria below)
2. Submit an application for the MSc in Climate Change and Development using the online application facility at http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/2011/taught/3331/23691
3. Only after applicants have received an offer of a place on the course should they request an application form for the scholarship, be contacting climate@.... The deadline for applications for the scholarship is 1st May 2011.
(i) be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a Commonwealth developing country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the booklet for a list of eligible countries)
(ii) hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level;
(iii) be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
(iv) have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
(v) not be employed by a government department (for this purpose the Commission counts this as being employed by a Government Ministry).
(vi) be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
(vii) be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
(i) MSc in Climate Change and Development
This is unique course that aims to provide state-of-the-art training for the rapidly expanding market for development professionals with specialisation in climate change. The programme is strongly multidisciplinary and students will acquire specialist knowledge of the causes of climate change, the implications for developing countries, and the policy and practice of efforts to mitigate and adapt to a changing climate. Courses are taught by leading researchers in these fields from the world renowned Institute for Development Studies (IDS), the Geography Department and Science and Technology Policy Research Unit (SPRU).
Tel: +44 (0)1273 877686
(ii) Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
For full details of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scheme see http://www.cscuk.org.uk/docs/DFIDSSSBOOKLET2011vi.pdf
- You are currently subscribed to climate-l as: christineverheijden@...
- View climate-l Forum: http://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=climate-l
- Membership options / Unsubscribe: http://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=climate-l
IISD is pleased to announce the launch of Sustainable Development Policy & Practice
A Knowledgebase of International Activities Preparing for the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD, or Rio +20)
We also invite you to subscribe: http://uncsd.iisd.org/about-the-uncsd-l-mailing-list/#subscribe_uncsd-l to UNCSD-L and post: http://uncsd.iisd.org/about-the-uncsd-l-mailing-list/#postings_uncsd-l your UNCSD-related activities on this community listserv.
- Subscribe / More Information: http://uncsd.iisd.org/about-the-uncsd-l-mailing-list/
- View UNCSD-L Forum: http://lists.iisd.ca/read/?forum=uncsd-l
- Subscribe to all other IISD Reporting Services' free newsletters and lists for environment and sustainable development policy professionals at http://www.iisd.ca/email/subscribe.htm
Senior Programme Officer
Gender and Water Alliance
Hogestraat 20, 6953 AT Dieren
PO Box 114, 6950 AC Dieren
Tel. +31 313 427230