Hi Friends, GenUp is excited to be hosting a *WakeUp Facilitator Training* in Brooklyn, NY this coming month! If you know a young person who would beMessage 1 of 1 , May 9, 2012View Source
GenUp is excited to be hosting a WakeUp Facilitator Training in Brooklyn, NY this coming month!
If you know a young person who would be interested in attending this training, please pass this information along and encourage them to apply.
Thanks for your support,
WakeUp Facilitator Training
May 25 - 27, 2012 | Brooklyn, New York
Learn more and apply at:
ABOUT THE TRAINING
This training will offer you skills and tools to:
- Facilitate the WakeUp – a powerful 2-3 hour interactive, multimedia workshop that moves young people into inspired action
- Organize a Thrive Hub – a community organizing model for students & youth to build local models of a thriving, just, sustainable world
- Be an effective, transformational leader in bringing about personal, interpersonal, and systemic change
Young people ages 15 – 30 (older allies are welcome to apply) interested in bringing innovative social change skills & tools to your community, school, or organization.
Friday, May 25, 6pm - 10pm
Saturday, May 26, 10am - 10pm
Sunday, May 27, 10am - 6pm
In the Clinton Hill area of Brooklyn, NY
$100 - $250 sliding scale (This cost includes all training materials, snacks, tea, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday.)
Limited scholarships are available. A scholarship application can be completed when you fill out the training application.
WHY YOU, WHY NOW?
We are living in a critical moment in history, facing social and environmental challenges like no other generation before, and a profound opportunity to remake our world.
Our generation’s calling is clear: to create a thriving, just, sustainable world that works for all, we must take bold and systemic action to transform our lives and society.
To be an effective, transformational leader takes skills – skills we can all learn together. Whether you’re new to social change or you’re experienced and wanting new approaches, these skills are essential to creating the change our world needs now.
ABOUT GENERATION WAKING UP
Generation Waking Up is a global campaign to ignite a generation of young people to bring forth a thriving, just, sustainable world. Learn more about our work at: www.generationwakingup.org
HOW WILL YOU KNOW THIS TRAINING IS FOR YOU?
You will know this training is for you if:
- You want to contribute to or are already contributing to your community and the world, whether through social action, civic service, or social entrepreneurship.
- You are inspired to spark collaborative action on campus or in your community.
- You see social justice, environmental sustainability, personal well-being, and other issues as interconnected.
- You recognize the power of story to inspire people to take action.
- You know that transforming our world includes transforming ourselves, each other, and the systems we are a part of.
- You are interested in building community with a diverse group of changemakers.
Fill out a training application online here. Once it is received, a GenUp team member will contact you to confirm your participation.
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFO
Contact Joshua Gorman at joshua@... or 703-380-0913.
Generation Waking Up | www.generationwakingup.org
joshua@... | cell 703.380.0913
Join our email listWatch our new video
Cornell '12 Natural Resources
Tompkins County Climate Protection Initiative (TCCPI)- Intern
Green Umbrella: NY Youth for a Just and Sustainable Future - State Coordinator
"Like" TCCPI on Facebook!
Alyssa Y. Tsuchiya | Cornell University 2012 | Science of Natural & Environmental Systems