Emailed to me a friend (Thanks, Troy) -Tom
If this was forwarded to you, please consider your own subscription to
Good Clean Fun. It's free! A smile will enhance the quality of your life.
Just send an email to: email@example.com
or visit the Good Clean Fun web site http://www.slonet.org/~tellswor/
UNSUBSCRIBE INFO for Good Clean Fun is at the end of this email.
This email was scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2002 before it was sent.
GCF: Signs You Are in Bakersfield, California
YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN BAKERSFIELD, CA. WHEN......
1. A date to the Melodrama is the "theater".
2. You have to explain to company from out of town, what animal
"tri-tip" comes from and that it's indigenous to the area.
3. You buy salsa by the gallon.
4. You think a red traffic light is merely a suggestion.
5. All of your out-of-state friends start to visit after October,
but clear out before the end of April.
6. You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
7. You think 6 tons of crushed rock makes a beautiful yard.
8. You notice your car overheating before you drive it.
9. You can say 115 degrees without fainting.
10. Vehicles with open windows have the right-of-way in the summer.
11. People break out coats when the temperature drops below 70.
12. You discover, in July, that it only takes two fingers to
drive your car.
13. You think someone driving wearing oven mitts is clever.
14. The pool can be warmer than you are.
15. You can make sun tea instantly.
16. You run your air conditioner in the middle of winter so you can
use your fireplace.
17. People with black cars or black upholstery are assumed to be
18. You notice the best parking place is determined by shade
instead of distance.
19. The water from the cold water tap is the same temperature
as the water from the hot one.
20. You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
21. Sun screen is sold year round, kept at the front of the checkout
counter, a formula less than 30 SPF is a joke, and you wear it just
to go to Circle K.
22. Hot air balloons can't go up, because the air outside is hotter
than the air inside.
23. And finally, no one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery
in a car.
_ _____________________________________ _
/ )| Thomas S. Ellsworth |( \
/ / | tellswor@...
| \ \
_( (_ | http://www.slonet.org/~tellswor
| _) )_
(((\ \>|_/ )_____________________________( \_|</ /)))
\\\\ \_/ / \ \_/ ////
\ / Experience: What you get \ /
\ _/ when you don't \_ /
/ / get what you want. \ \
*** Good Clean Fun ***
Stop for a visit, leave with a smile!
To join Good Clean Fun, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To leave Good Clean Fun, email: email@example.com
Or visit the Good Clean Fun web site at http://www.slonet.org/~tellswor/