RAMADAN & ITS IMPORTANCE
The best Month the Month of Allah Ramadhan is inshAllah going to come soon and Allah willing we will enter in it .... (Allahumma barik lana fi Rajab wa Sha’ban wa balighna Ramadan;
O Allah, Make the months of Rajab and Sha’ban blessed for us and allow us to reach Ramadan,ameen.)
As we see that the big the event the big the preparations for example for olympics or Football games Nations plan,implement projects well in advance,so is it not required to plan for something which is beneficial for our Duniya and Akhirah....As far as planning is concerned Failing to plan is planning to fail.
as we see that if we are not prepared to welcome ramadhan it will pass as soon it arrives we being still adjusting to it and we never know whether we will get the next Ramadhan (infact we have not even entered this years yet)...........
Attached with this mail are some planners available on net (old ones) I suggest some more planners are prepared some with more relevant questions.
Though we may not fill all the sections all the time but atleast we may have some form of meter to gauge ourselves
‘Umar ibn al-Khattab, in one of his famous sayings said “Judge yourselves before you are judged, evaluate yourselves before you are evaluated and be ready for the greatest investigation (the Day of Judgement)”
“The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it.” (Hassan al-Basri)
May Allah make us make most out of this Ramadhan and make it a means to save from Hell fire and Enter Jannah Ameen.
A Ramadhan Checklist
1. Ask Allah to enable you to reach Ramadan and to get the most out of it as the Salaf used to do.
2. Intend to fast every day with Iman and pure intention seeking the reward from Allah alone. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever fasts in Ramadan with Iman and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven". (Bukhari)
3. Read the whole Qur'an at least once as the Prophet peace be upon him did.
4. Have Suhoor as the Prophet peace be upon him said, "Have Suhoor because it is blessed".
5. Make Du'a during the fast because the Prophet peace be upon him said that three people's supplication
is not rejected one of them is the fasting person. Ask for the good of this life and the next for yourself, your family and Muslims in general.
6. Make Dua before opening the fast. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "The fasting person has a supplication that is answered when he opens his fast".
7. Give Sadaqah and be good to people. The Prophet peace be upon him was the most generous of people and he was most generous in Ramadan.
8. Avoid anything that diminishes the fast such as, lying, backbiting, cheating, getting angry. The Prophet peace be upon him said "Whoever does not give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad words to others, Allah is not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and drink." [Bukhari]
9. Do not eat too much after Iftar.
10. Ask for forgiveness since this is the
month Allah frees people from the fire.
11. Pray At-Tarawih with Khushoo. If you pray in the Masjid complete the Salah with the Imam. If you pray at home prolong the Salah as long as you can. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever prays during Ramadan with Iman and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven".
12. Feed the poor and invite others for Iftar. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever gives Iftar to someone fasting he will have the same reward without decreasing the reward of the person fasting".
13. Try harder the last ten nights especially the odd nights. The prophet would strive in Ramadan more than he would in any other month and more so in the last ten days.
14. Say this Dua in the nights that Laitul-Qadr is likely to fall on: Allhumma innaka afuwun tuhibbul-afwa fa'fu anni (O Allah you are Forgiving and love
forgiveness so forgive me).
15. Ask Allah to accept all your good actions during this month.