The Council Meeting will be held at the Hyattsville Municipal Building, 4310 Gallatin Street, in the third floor Council Chambers. The Council Meeting will be broadcast live on Hyattsville Cable Channel 71.
Keeping you informed:
DON'T FORGET ...
You can view the Agenda Item Forms
for this Council Meeting
online at www.hyattsville.org.
Background information for all
previous agenda's is also posted
on the City website, simply select
the 'Council Meetings Agendas' link
for all archived meeting agenda's
from 2002 through 2007.
City of Hyattsville Council Meeting
December 3, 2007
1. Call to Order and Council Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes
Special Council Meeting of November 12, 2007
5. Department Reports Administration, Code Enforcement, Public Works, and Police
6. Public Comment
7. Consent Item
Donation to the 6th Annual Sonny Frazier Toy Drive
I move that the Mayor and Council authorize a donation in the amount of $150.00 to the 6th Annual Sonny Frazier Toy Drive. - Perry
8. Action Items
Hyattsville Ordinance 2007-14
I move that the Mayor and Council adopt Hyattsville Ordinance 2007-14, an Ordinance whereby the City Council increases the general fine for municipal infractions to $100 for a first offense and $200 for each repeat offense as to the following chapters or sections of the City Code: Health and Sanitation (Chapter 65), Noise (Chapter 79), Peace and Good Order (Chapter 87), Peddling and Solicitation (Chapter 90), Recycling (Chapter 95), Streets and Sidewalks (Chapter 105), Inoperable Vehicles (Chapter 113), Parking on Unpaved or Unprepared Surfaces on Residential Property (Chapter 114-72.1),
and Zoning (Chapter 120) (Second Reading). Gardiner at the Request of the City Administrator
Assistant City Administrator Position
I move that the Mayor and Council authorize the City Administrator to
negotiate an offer of employment for the Assistant City Administrator
Position. Gardiner at the Request of the City Administrator
CDBG PY34 Application
I move that the Mayor and City Council authorize the City Administrator to prepare and submit an application for Payment Year 34 (PY34) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding to the Prince Georges County Department of Housing and Community Development. The funds will be used for
planning costs for the implementation for the Safe City program. Gardiner at the Request of the City Administrator
CDBG PY34 Resolution of Support (Hyattsville Resolution 2007-11) for
I move that the Mayor and City Council and adopt Hyattsville Resolution 2007-11, a resolution in support of the City of Hyattsville application for Payment Year 34 (PY34) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding to the Prince Georges County Department of Housing and Community Development. Gardiner at the Request of the City Administrator
FY08 Lease/Purchase of Vehicles
I move that the Mayor and Council 1) authorize the Chief of Police, Director of Public Works and the Director of Code Enforcement to purchase the vehicles shown on the attached schedule, all of which are being purchased off of State bid contracts except the Honda Fit for which quotes are being obtained from multiple dealers, and 2) subject to the City Attorneys review and approval of the lease documents, authorize the City Administrator to enter into a lease/purchase contract with California First National Bank
(CalFirst) for the lease/purchase funding for the vehicles.
The total cost of the vehicles will be approximately $406,639 which will be financed over a term of three (3) years, at an effective APR of 3.5%, with payments of $35,528.99, due quarterly, in advance, and total financing costs of $19,710. Gardiner at the Request of the City Administrator
9. Motion to Close Meeting
Motion to Close the Meeting of December 3, 2007
I move that the Mayor and Council close the meeting of December 3, 2007 to discuss a personnel matter and legal matters related to a possible contract. Gardiner (No Agenda Item Form)
10. Motion to Return to Open Session
11. Community Notices and Meetings
(calendar subject to change)
December 3 City Council Meeting (8:00 p.m.)
December 4 Holiday Activity: Tree Lighting Ceremony, 7:00 p.m. at Magruder Park
December 6 Hyattsville Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
December 6 Hyattsville Environment Committee Meeting, 8:00 p.m.
December 8 Holiday Activity: Breakfast with Santa, 10:00 a.m.
December 10 Special Council Meeting (8:00 p.m.)
December 12 The Hyattsville Reporter (No. 134) (center pull out section inside the Hyattsville Life & Times community newspaper)
December 13 Hyattsville Code Enforcement Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
December 13 Donation deadline for the Sonny Frazier Holiday Toy Drive
December 15 Holiday Activity: 6th Annual Sonny Frazier Toy Drive Party, 10:00 a.m.
December 17 Hyattsville Volunteer Appreciation & Recognition Reception, 6:00
p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
December 17 Council Meeting (8:00 p.m.)
December 18 Hyattsville Planning Committee Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
December 19 Holiday Activity: Light Up the Sky Contest Judging, 7:00 p.m.
December 21 Final Day of Leaf Collection Program
December 22 Holiday Activity: Operation Santa with a Badge - Shop with a Cop
December 22 First day of winter
December 25 City Administrative Offices CLOSED in observance of the Christmas holiday
December 26 The Hyattsville Reporter (No. 135) (green newsletter format)
12. Motion to Adjourn
Items to be discussed at a Future Council Meeting*:
1. Tree Management Plan
2. Non U.S. Citizens Voting Rights Lizanne
3. Attorney Presentation of Proposed Ordinance Changes: City Code Chapter 114: Traffic and Parking; and City Code Chapter 80 Public Nuisances Colaresi
4. Melrose Access Trail Improvements
5. West Hyattsville Parking Meters Chief Holland
6. Motion#166-10-05 Revision to City Code (Chapter 90, Peddling and Soliciting)
7. Motion#96-05-06 Parking Options for YMCA, Route 1 Development
Gardiner at the Request of the City Administrator
8. Hyattsville Web Management Upgrade Proposal Murphy/Oliphant
9. Chapter 99 Revisions Temporary Sales
11. Motion#186-11-06 Construction Plans for Hamilton Street (Magruder Park to 38th Avenue) Gardiner/Tartaro
12. Engineering Services Hamilton Street/40th Place Intersection Improvement Alternatives
13. Collective Bargaining & Binding Arbitration Gardiner
14. Motion#96-05-07 Amendment to Article II: Fences and Walls Ordinance
15. Motion#84-04-07 Commercial Through Truck Size Reduction and Fine Increase
16. Article VIII: Public Way and Sidewalk Improvements
17. Real Property Tax Rate Task Force Appointments
18. UTC Parking Meters
19. Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee Report & Presentation January 2009
20. Field Permit Presentation Mood (December 10, 2007)
21. Gateway Signage 2009
22. ICMA RC-Blue 457 Plan for Police Oliphant
*These items should be assigned to a particular staff or council member, and at least a draft agenda item form created.