Leaf collection started in the City of Hyattsville on Monday, November 2, 2009 and is scheduled to continue through Friday, January 15, 2010.
A few reminders about Leaf Collection:
* Need to know which day the City vacuums leaves on your street? Visit www.hyattsville.org/leaves or call 301/985-5032, ext. 200.
* Missed collection? We attempt to complete every route as scheduled. However, several factors determine if this is possible. Rain and ice weigh down leaf piles - and slow our vacuum considerably. Equipment repairs may also cause delays. If we are unable to complete a route, the addresses we miss are prioritized for collection the following week.
* We do not collect leaves during holiday weeks. There will be no collection the week of December 21 through December 25, 2009 and the week of December 28 through January 1, 2010.
* Please rake your leaves to the grassy area between the sidewalk and the curb. If this is not possible at your address, to the curbline. Avoid mixing in branches and other debris, as they can damage the equipment.
* If possible, don't park in front of leaf piles on collection day. The vacuum cannot reach around cars.
* Remember, our collection times vary, so please have your leaves raked to the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the morning of your scheduled collection.
Questions may be directed to the Department of Public Works at 301/985-5032, ext. 200.