For our office in Brussels, Pleon Belgium is seeking an intern/trainee for the European Public Policy Communications team to start on January 4. The successfulMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2009View Source
For our office in Brussels, Pleon Belgium is seeking an intern/trainee for the European Public Policy Communications team to start on January 4.
The successful candidate is a student or graduate in Communications, Economics, European Politics, Business Administration or equivalent. He/she speaks perfect English and has good writing and speaking skills in at least two other EU languages. Spanish would be preferable.
• will have the drive and personality to make things happen
• is highly motivated and willing to engage in a 6-8-months internship
• has excellent drafting skills in writing media materials
• has above average personal and communication skills
• has excellent organizing skills
• enjoys working in an international environment
• has excellent knowledge of MS Office
• has understanding of European policies and the working of the EU institutions
Other responsibilities include:
• Daily press monitoring and research
• Support for updating of European Media Database
• Press release compilation and editing
• Active pitching of story angles and secure journalist’s attendance for traveling press events
• Assistance with event organizing (press conferences)
• Summarize research and analysis of media reports for presentations
• Centralization of pan-European information
• Press release distribution and follow-up
The position is based in Brussels and candidates preferably live in Brussels. Please note that this vacancy is in our European Public Policy team and not in our Public Affairs team. Our Public Policy activities focus on communications for public institutions, about 95% on behalf of the European Commission towards the 27 Member States.
We offer an inspiring international working environment for a convincing personality with a high sense of responsibility. Those interested should send their CVs and motivation letter by email to jobsb@... and please put reference code EPPINT in subject line. Closing date end of November.
PLEON is an international communications consultancy with European roots which creates and implements strategies for private and public sector organisations. Recently, Pleon announced to join operations with Ketchum, a leading global public relations firm. The merger creates one of the largest, most geographically diverse communications consultancies in the world, and by far the largest consultancy in Europe, augmenting Pleon’s position as the established European market leader. The combined consultancy has more than 2,000 employees in owned operations and will now operate in 66 countries with 103 owned and affiliated offices worldwide. Pleon is part of Omnicom Group, stock listed at NY.
More information www.pleon.com