Dear friends, please find below and exciting opportunity! Best, Selene Plain Ink, a non-profit, pioneering organisation harnessing Plain Ink has
Message 1 of 1
, Jun 25, 2012
please find below and exciting opportunity!
Plain Ink, a non-profit, pioneering organisation harnessing
the transformative potential of storytelling, books, multi-media and imagery to spark change.Through the stories that we tell, we help people gain new skills, increase literacy levels and engage communities aroundthe world in finding their own solutions.
Plain Ink has programs in Italy and India, and will soon launch a program in Afghanistan. Further information at www.plainink.org
What we need
Plain Ink is currently looking for 2 motivated and enthusiastic people to join its communications and PR team for a minimum of 6 months (10 hours a week minimum).
This post is unpaid.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working from their homes, the volunteers will:
- Assist the Communication team in executing our ongoing media campaign;
- Manage Plain Ink’s social network channels (facebook, twitter and youtube);
- Create materials such as press releases, briefs and promotional materials;
- Provide inputs to the new communication strategy.
Ideal candidates should:
- Be a graduate or student of Communications, PR and Marketing;
- Have a strong passion for communications, social networks and media in general;
- Possess excellent written communication skills (English, other languages a plus);
- Enjoy working in teams in a fast-paced organisation;
- Have strong organizational skills and a keen attention to details;
- Be passionate about the NGO/Social Entrepreneurship field, previous experience a plus;
- Knowledge of graphic programs is welcome.
Plain Ink offers the selected volunteers:
- Training about social communication and Pr;
- Ongoing mentoring;
- References, feedback and certification of competencies and skills gained upon completion.
How to apply - Deadline
Please submit your application at
press@... before 30 th JUNE as follows:
- curriculum vitae
- simulation of a press release about topic chosen by the candidate (will be assessed: ability to synthesize, text layout, correct use of language and terminology)
- a short text outlining ideas for using social networks to promote the organization
Finalists will be contacted by e-mail to arrange a final interview by Skype.
The collaboration will begin
Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.
Changes have not been saved
Press OK to abandon changes or Cancel to continue editing
Your browser is not supported
Kindly note that Groups does not support 7.0 or earlier versions of Internet Explorer.
We recommend upgrading to the latest Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox. If you are using IE 9 or later, make sure you turn off Compatibility View.